Monday, October 12, 2009

In a valley...

My knees quake, and I buckle to the ground.
A vast field lies before me, filled with bodies and
weapons that whisper of glorious battles past.
Some spell a story of a un-human victory, others
quote an ending, that is not meant to be mine...
Defeat.
I laugh as I look down across my armour.
Splits and rips, still showing off fresh blood, spilling
from the wounds.
I lift my shield. Across it spans craters and dents
from wars come and gone.
I look at my reflection, in a puddle mixed with sweat and mud, and my
helmet gazes back at me, speaking words of encouragement, that it would surely last, for many more battles.
Hope.
I gaze down my chest, at my breast plate. A huge scar remains in the armour over my heart, for where it was shattered. It was a warning,
for me to
never
get
back
up.

Purpose.

I smile again, as I stand to my feet, a fresh rain begining to beat down upon me, washing my wounds clean, preparing me for another
battle.
Strength.

My heart begins to beat in tune with the fast pace of rain, as I see a fresh new wave, of an army that wishes nothing but one thing to me, death. However, this beat is not of fear, but of anticipation.

Victory.
I lift my sword from the ground, a new brilliant ray of light upon it. I hold it high above my head as I mouth three single words, "Victory is yours."

I look towards the thousands that rumble straight for me. I grip my sword, and run towards them, with
Purpose.

For if God, is for me, who can be against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment